Home Forums Software Development Kit (SDK) Install gtilib

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris Murray
    Participant

I’m frankly embarassed to be asking this question and I suspect I’m missing something painfully obvious, but the very first step for running Python demos seems to be referring to a path that doesn’t exist

pip install -user ./Python/Lib/gtilib

Is this sourced or supplied elsewhere?

Chris Murray
    Participant

Issue solved – we were following instructions for version 4.5.1.4 with the new version 5 sdk. GTILIB is in the correct location in 4.5.1.4.

Arpine SoghoyanArpine Soghoyan

Hi Chris,
    I’m glad the issue is resolved, normally if you run source SourceMet.env it will prompt for gtilib installation. If for some reason that doesn’t work, then you can try installing manually with pip command.

Paul Damink
    Participant

This command from the manual : “python -m pip install –user Python/Lib/gtilib/” does not work.
    The version GTISDK-Linux_x86_64_v5.0.4.0 does not contain a directory gtilib , only a file called gtilib.py in the directory \GTISDK-Linux_x86_64_v5.0.4.0\Apps\Python.

If you have an older version of the SDK installed and now trying to have a brand new installation of the latest SDK.
    1) Remove all old drivers
    sudo rm /etc/udev/rules.d/50-eusb.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/51-ftd3xx.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/52-gtiusb.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/70-gti.rules
    2) Remove the python binding
    pip uninstall gtilib
    3) Make sure your system is up to date
    sudo apt update; sudo apt upgrade
    4) Navigate to the root directory of the latest SDK and setup the environment using
    source SourceMe.env follow the prompts and you’ll have the prerequisites, drivers and python binding installed.

The latest SDK should actually support Python 3 and SourceMe.env takes care of the overall setup.

Thanks for pointing out to this command: “python -m pip install –user Python/Lib/gtilib/”, I’ll make sure the document is updated in the next release.

Please let me know if you have issues running Python apps with SDK v5.0.4.0.

Paul Damink
    Participant

Hi,
    I don’t have an older version installed , i followed the manual , there doesn’t seem to be a directory gtilib anywhere
    please advise
    Paul

The library that you’re looking for is at SDK/Lib/Linux/x86_64/libGTILibrary.so.
    You can add this path to the OS path or just copy the file into Apps/Python folder. Not sure why gtilib.py itself is unable to find it properly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.